The House is a Christian Church that functions as a local
expression of the the Body of Christ in the city of Kelowna.
We’re an eclectic community of diverse spiritual backgrounds and welcome people in all stages of their Christian faith journey. Though there are many essential beliefs to the Christian faith we also recognize there’s a lot of room to hold different opinions on various issues. The House encourages people to form their own worldview and convictions when it comes to these non-essential beliefs and as such not everyone in our community shares a common theological and political viewpoint. We’re stronger in our diversity.
- There is one true God - Creator and Redeemer. He revealed Himself as one being in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit - co-equal and co-eternal.
- The Bible is the Word of God - divinely inspired, infallible, and authoritative for faith and life. (2 Timothy 3:16, 17; 2 Peter 1:20, 21; Matthew 5:18)
- We are created in the image of God to know and enjoy Him. Through disobedience, sin entered the world and all humanity experiences the consequences of sickness, death, and judgement.
- Jesus was conceived by the Holy Spirit, lived a sinless life, was crucified for our sins, was buried, resurrected, and is now seated in the presence of God the Father. (John 1:1-2, 14; Luke 1:35; Romans 3:24; 1 Peter 2:24; Ephesians 1:7; 1 Peter 1:3-5; Acts 1:9, 10; Hebrews 7:25; Hebrews 9:24; Romans 8:34; 1 John 2:1-2; 1 Peter 4:5; Romans 14:9; 2 Timothy 4:1)
- We are saved from sin by God's grace, through repentance and faith in the person and work of Jesus Christ. (Ephesians 2:8, 9; Titus 3:16)
- God the Holy Spirit convicts the world of sin (John 16:8-11) The infilling of the Holy Spirit gives power for witness, with the initial evidence of speaking with other tongues. (Acts 1:8, 2:4) The sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit enables a believer to live a godly life. (Ephesians 5:18; 1 Corinthians 12-14; Hebrews 12:14; Galatians 5:22, 23; 2 Corinthians 3:6; Romans 8:9)
- The Church consists of all followers of Jesus Christ. We practice believer's baptism by immersion and communion as a testimony of obedience to Jesus. (Matthew 28:19, 20; Acts 2:41, 42; Acts 18:8; 1 Corinthians 11:23-26)
- God answers prayer with present day miracles. Divine healing is provided by Christ's death. (Isaiah 53:4-5; Matthew 8:16-17; James 5:14-16)
- The return of Jesus for His Church is imminent. He will subsequently return to earth to reign as King. Man's eternal destiny is either heaven or hell.
In More Detail
The House is a self-governing local church expression of the Pentecostal Assemblies of Canada. As such, we ascribe to the PAOC Statement of Fundamental Truths.